Once I chose an idea from my first designs I decided to experiment with the way of presenting my favoured idea. I chose the clock face with the burnt face, yet still wasn't sure the ways in which to display it. On the image below I experimented with space, band logo position, and what would fill the black centre of the clock. One thing I wanted to particularly use was a small male and female figures within the image, referencing the couple present in my music video yet could also relate to any listener buying this album. With the bottom left design, I thought the repeated motive of the people became too busy as a front cover but could possibly work inside the digipak. The bottom right design was also interesting, as I thought I could influence another one of my first designs of the record with the paper chain figures to be visible through the burnt clock, as if the different flaps of the digipak could be viewed through the front cover. However this seemed a little over complicated to what wanted. I finally decided on the bottom middle design, providing a simple but symbolic cover relating to my music video.
I then thought about different images I could place within my digipak; simple images that reflected key concepts and themes of the music video. Here were a few ideas and there relevance to the video:
Hover over image to activate text
I finally created these four designs, each with different layouts inside and outside the digipak. I also added a basic colour scheme to the designs, giving a basic idea as to the simplicity of colours and design. I experimented with the previous images on each design, seeing which worked best against the rest of the cover:
I finally chose design 1, that would then become the basis of my flat plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment