Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Editing my video: stage 3

Now I have decided upon creating two versions of my video, it has come to reversing the second one. Although I edited the scenes in order of movement, they would need completely altering so the movement worked the same way in reverse. I initially thought I would have to reverse each video individually, yet I found a way of doing them all at once:


I started by highlighting the whole video, including the audio track. All I then did was copy and paste the whole video further along the timeline so It was exactly the same in editing and all I would have to do was swap round the footage.





I then removed the track from the highlighted footage, locking the layer so no editing could disrupt it. With the rest still highlighted, I then right clicked on one of the shots, selecting the speed/ duration tool.




I ticked the reverse speed icon that would then reverse all the footage at once at the speed they normally played at. This individually then reversed each shot within the timeline, taking a while to render.



It then came to shuffling all my footage around the different scenes. As I has edited them in the order they would flow correctly in normal time, I needed to move the end shot so it was now at the beginning of the scene, and the same with each shot leading after that. To make this easier I moved the footage in a circle motion around the middle shot of the scene, placing them on Video 1 and 4 whilst I was organising it. Therefore each scene would be exactly the same as the first version of my  music video, yet play entirely in reverse.



In doing this version, I was able to view the version that works along my original plan of all motion going backwards. I like the effect it gives certain moments within the video, especially within the dancing scene where they fall onto the bed and start dancing, as well as the cheating scene where the flowers fall back into the guys hand. This version is much different to the first, not only because of the order of footage but the perspective in which the audience takes on the relationship. This versions seems to I've an equal focus on the couple rather than taking the perspective and sympathising with the main male. Therefore doing this version not only widened my skills within Premier Pro but made me visually aware of the ways in which different emotions can be altered through reversing footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment