Friday, 17 October 2014

Development in Premier Pro: Adding titles and editing audio

Whilst editing my test footage on Premier Pro, I began to explore the different methods of editing that I could later use in the development of my music video. Creating this simple sequence of footage with titles let me understand the best methods for audio working with sound and text.

To start with I located the way in creating a simple title for the beginning of my video. I made this by using the drop down tool to create what I wanted. I not only wanted my title at the beginning but in between shots of test footage, which was made possible through this easy system.


It then came up with the separate box to edit the appearance of the title. Here you could change the font and size of the writing, as well as the colour of the background. For this instance, I kept a black background to introduce each scene.

 
 I then easily slotted it in the time line of my video, with the ability to adjust the length of it and include a dip to black at the start so the writing would smoothly appear.

 I also found a way of creating titles that went over the imagery instead of just a black screen. This way I could include an explination to some of the shots I was using, or the shot number in the series of test footage I used. I could position it where I like, so it could neatly become a header in my experimentation of footage.

 
Apart from experimenting in titles and the variety of ways I could use them, I also experimented with the overlaying of audio, so the sounds of the different shots didn't abruptly stop and start again. When I filmed test footage in the coffee shop, there was music playing in the background that obviously moved on from shot to shot. However to make the audio continue smoothly I looked into the audio effects that could prevent the judder of sound. One of the effects known as constant power almost overlapped the sound, making them smoothly run into each other and made the music sound as if it was just continuing forward in the song. Obviously this wont be a necessary factor in my music video as I'll just be using the song as the audio to my video, yet it was good to use and experiment with this tool.


Making this short film showing my test footage became multi purposed in practicing for my music video. It not only let me explore the variety of shots i could use for my music video in the different locations, but made me more aware of the different tools and effects i could put over my footage. This overall gave me more ideas to how i could adapt my visuals to make them engaging and appear professional.







No comments:

Post a Comment